New cnc-ddraw release (Red Alert 1 & C&C95)

FunkyFr3sh

Added some new features such as saving position of the window and alt+enter to switch between window/full screen.

https://github.com/CnCNet/cnc-ddraw/releases

Red Alert Config: http://downloads.cncnet.org/addons/ra-config.7z

C&C95 Config: http://downloads.cncnet.org/addons/td-config.7z

Download and extract the files into your game folder. (You may not want to extract ddraw.ini, otherwise you may override your settings)

• Like 2

OpenGL and GDI have all the new updates such as ALT+ENTER to switch from window to fullscreen, trying that feature should be the easiest way to test if it works. 

Note: if you run it in a window with a custom res that isn't supported in fullscreen then it wont switch

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Funky, are you able to place the "MaxFPS" setting from ddraw.ini to the config tool?  I noticed a bug in which setting the maxfps higher than 120 will revert it back to the default when launching the tool.  I personally use the maxfps setting to increase/decrease my scrolling speed, and to fix the crackling audio while using the HD Music pack.

Edited by Lightning Hunter

11 minutes ago, Lightning Hunter said:

Hey Funky, are you able to place the "MaxFPS" setting from ddraw.ini to the config tool?  I noticed a bug in which setting the maxfps higher than 120 will revert it back to the default when launching the tool.  I personally use the maxfps setting to increase/decrease my scrolling speed, and to fix the crackling audio while using the HD Music pack.

I don't have any plans to add it back, nope. Scroll speed has a much better solution these days and HD music pack I never tried, so I don't know what it's about.

Try OpenGL + vsync instead

I think I'll just stick with modifying ddraw.ini itself instead of using the tool, since vsync always causes lag for me.

By the way, is there a way to stretch the main menu to fit my screen?  I swear it used to fill the whole screen, but now it only takes up about half of it.  I've always kept my resolution at the same (1024x768).

Edited by Lightning Hunter

On 3/25/2018 at 9:03 PM, Lightning Hunter said:

I think I'll just stick with modifying ddraw.ini itself instead of using the tool, since vsync always causes lag for me.

By the way, is there a way to stretch the main menu to fit my screen?  I swear it used to fill the whole screen, but now it only takes up about half of it.  I've always kept my resolution at the same (1024x768).

there used to be some background images that the old config placed into the game folder, but those were removed

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Updated cnc-ddraw + config tools

- Improved OpenGL performance
- preliminary libretro shader support https://github.com/libretro/glsl-shaders

Video with xBRZ freescale shader http://cnc.cloudns.pro/Test/index.php?video=RedAlert_xbrz-freescale_shader_test.mp4

Video with crt-lottes-fast shader http://cnc.cloudns.pro/Test/index.php?video=RedAlert_crt-lottes-fast_shader.mp4

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2018 at 5:42 AM, FunkyFr3sh said:

New nightly build with Direct3D renderer is available now (could need some testers)

Happy to test :)

i7, GTX 1070, Windows 10 Home.

Also have a question.. any idea why the frame rate limit / mouse sensitivity doesn't make any difference? Game still scrolls too fast to be playable :(

I am using RA95 1.06c R3, your latest CnC-DDraw nightly build, I have both Limit frame rate and adjust mouse sensitivity ticked although I have tried all variations and I still get lightening fast scrolling.

Edited by EducatedChaos

11 hours ago, EducatedChaos said:

Happy to test :)

i7, GTX 1070, Windows 10 Home.

Also have a question.. any idea why the frame rate limit / mouse sensitivity doesn't make any difference? Game still scrolls too fast to be playable :(

I am using RA95 1.06c R3, your latest CnC-DDraw nightly build, I have both Limit frame rate and adjust mouse sensitivity ticked although I have tried all variations and I still get lightening fast scrolling.

The frame rate limiter doesn't slow down the scroll speed anymore with the latest cnc-ddraw since that was a pretty bad solution from many years ago. It actually slowed down the whole game, not just the scroll (which ended up causing lag in online games).

I assume you're talking about CnC95, not RA95? The CnC95 campaign doesn't have the scroll speed limiter patch yet, so you'll have to enable a workaround I added to cnc-ddraw until nyerguds updates his installer.

Add the following line to ddraw.ini

sleep=5

You can choose a number between 1 and 16, higher number means slower scroll speed. It's probably the best to keep the number as low as possible to prevent slow downs during the gameplay.

• 3 weeks later...

New release: 

• Support for loading/saving settings for multiple games via a single settings file
  • The window is now resizable during run time
  • Added support for all kinds of missing features (to get a few additional games working)

The following games should be working with this release (and probably some others):

Command & Conquer Gold
Command & Conquer: Red Alert
Carmageddon
Warcraft 2
StarCraft
Diablo 2
Age of Empires
Age of Empires II
Fallout
Theme Hospital
Populous: The Beginning
Outlaws
Dungeon Keeper
Dark Reign: The Future of War
Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds

Note: Some support windowed mode, some not

On 11/9/2018 at 2:31 AM, FunkyFr3sh said:

auto is using direct3d 9 now, I didn't try recording with it yet. Maybe you need to use "game capture" for it to work with obs

U are not online this day , how to send message to U in cncnet forums( no topics no  posts ) ?